Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Here's Some Deadpool to Pass the Time...


My friend has this mini and I just had to read it. I mean, it has Deadpool in it! And he's one of our favorites here at Haphazard Heroines!

So, this is called Suicide Kings and here goes the commentary:

There's been a lot of Deadpool about lately, whether he's in his own book or one of several crossovers (including Messiah War).

This is a funny mini and there is a bunch of mayhem, as usual. 

Some rich kid wants Deadpool to kill a bookie for a million dollars, which Deadpool readily agrees to. Somehow, he realizes that this kid isn't going to pay him (wow, when did he become able to do that?), but he's really into women, which he can get with money, so that's why he agrees. 

I like the "Hooters" reference, casually called "Knockers". XD

So, we figure out that the plot isn't as easy as it sounds, as the Punisher and a villain named Tombstone are main characters.

I really like the jokes cracked by Deadpool, as usual, and I really like that, even though the plot doesn't make sense half of the time, they just keep it going, making jokes and continuing with the convoluted plot.

I definitely liked the first issue, and I haven't read two, three, or four yet, but, all in all, I'm excited to see where this small series will go.

Also, really big fan of the fantasy wedding to the Knockers girl. Meeeeeow!

No comments: