Sunday, July 26, 2009

Batman: Gotham Knights #43


This one was sad on so many different levels.

It was a brief reminder of the second Robin, Jason Todd, who I never much liked, but was still a Robin, so therefore deserves my respect.

This issue also had some dramatic irony in it.

Batgirl: Looks like you've caught the Joker in plenty of time to get back to business here.

Batman: I didn't catch him...yet.

Batgirl: Great. I'll sleep easy tonight waiting for the random poison gas attack or laughing fish special at my local market.

Batman: He can wait.

Batgirl: Until when?

Batman: I know him well enough by now to realize that he won't surface until he can strike out at me.

Batgirl: Then you're underestimating him. He doesn't have to attack you directly to hurt you.

Batman: Of course he does. That's how it works with us.

Batgirl: I hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Oh, the cruel, cruel irony.

At least Babs lives, though. Jason gets pummeled.

Anyway, it was a nice reminder of the second Robin as he goes out on a jaunt about town with Batgirl (Barbara Gordon, not Cassandra Cain).

Sadly, in the "present", Batman's being served a court order. Something about Jason Todd's death...

No comments: